Cultivated Reef

NAno Skimmer

eklikewho

I am wanting to get a GOOD or great (if one is avaliable) skimmer for my nano aquarium.

Since I am a bit new to saltwater I was hoping someone could point me in a good direction. Or if anyone in CO knows a good fish store with stock on hand please let me know as well.

Thanks So Much

It really depends on your budget as well. How much are you willing to spend? Do you want a skimmer that hangs on the back of the tank or sits in a sump?

BTW, :welcome: to nano-reef. There is a ton of information on this site that I hope you will find useful.

I am new as well and just been reading for the past 6 months. I was wondering the same as you and came to the conclusion that for my 24 gallon aquapod I am going with the Aqua C Remora Skimmer. Fits in the back chamber and from everyone that has it , seems its a great piece of equipment. Can get it used for around 100 or new is 165 plus shippipng

best luck

anything I can help you with let me know

Thanks for the response everyone

I have a 29 gallon biocube

Budget - as long as it works I will pay up to 200 for it

I want an internal one so to keep everything a clean look so no Hang On The Back

I will research the Aqua C thanks for the heads up.

I havent had much time to research on here but did see a recent post by euro reef (I think) that is puting out a new nano skimmer. This is why I signed up. But after talking to a friend he pointed out I need to wait for the 2nd or even 3rd generation because "that thing has problems"

Thanks Again

I want an internal one so to keep everything a clean look so no Hang On The Back

I havent had much time to research on here but did see a recent post by euro reef (I think) that is puting out a new nano skimmer. This is why I signed up. But after talking to a friend he pointed out I need to wait for the 2nd or even 3rd generation because "that thing has problems"

Thanks Again

Such as what? :huh:

if its got the euroreef name i wouldnt be to worried about it... do some search on euro reef skimmers on google... youll find they are some of the best and wouldnt release anything sub-par... heck we have been waiting for this nano-skimmer they have had in the works for over a year now... im sure they will have all the kinks out of it by its release, they wouldnt want to tarnish their stellar name

Thanks Again

I have a BC29 also and just bought and installed the Tunze 9002 Nano Skimmer, which retails for about $160. I installed it into the 2nd chamber and it fits in nicely. If you plan on keeping the back part closed, you'll have to cut some using a dremel to fit the collection cup in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I like the Tunze 9002. Installed one the other night on my 20H...first thing I noticed was how much noise it didn't make (it makes less noise than the fans on my light fixture).

I will look into that one thanks for the heads up.

I got an offer on a sapphire aquatics skimmer that the person claims no mods are needed. Any pros or cons to this one?

Thanks Again

Thanks Again

The Euro-Reef is redesigned from the original and is about to be in beta testing... What problems would your friend know it has if NO ONE but Euro-Reef even has one?? :huh:

Archived