Innovative Marine Aquariums

BC[29] pump upgrade advice

nick021892

I have a BC[29] that currently has the stock pump with a Hydor Flo on it along with a Koralia 1, but I would like to upgrade the stock pump to have more flow. Any advice?

dahliaheartsyou
I have a BC[29] that currently has the stock pump with a Hydor Flo on it along with a Koralia 1, but I would like to upgrade the stock pump to have more flow. Any advice?

you can try taking off the 90 degree elbow and replacing it with just tubing, if you haven't already...

I noticed an instant difference when I did that.

the hydor flo is decreasing the gph considerably, so you could always change that to a y lock-line...

the bc stock is supposedly 316 gph, so that is pretty good, but I guess something like the Rio Aqua pumps, that can get 383 gph +, but that is at least 22 watts, so it would probably increase the heat quite a bit.

The other option is just adding another koralia 1 or something...

hope that helped...

I have the Rio 6hf and I love it. It is rated at 350 gph and only uses 15 watts, runs very cool and you'll love the increased flow. BTW, I left the elbow on and I have it attached to a hydor-flo..... great combo!

dahliaheartsyou
I have the Rio 6hf and I love it. It is rated at 350 gph and only uses 15 watts, runs very cool and you'll love the increased flow. BTW, I left the elbow on and I have it attached to a hydor-flo..... great combo!

listen to him...

his tank is one of the best there is, especially an amazing BC 29...

Archived