Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anybody try the Hydor Koralia Wavemaker Controller and Controllable Pumps?

fierceseaman

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the regular Koralias on a wave maker. You just need to add a piece of airline tubing to the shaft to keep the impeller from moving when it starts. There are several people at RC running them this way for over a year. Convinced me to try it... no problems so far.

i tried the airline mod, my pumps sometimes start in reverse i ditched the idea.

to answer the question i don't think anyone is using the setup on this site, or no one that i have seen. IMO not worth the money.

fierceseaman

Yeah. They seem really pricey but I know people have been saying that they would jump at some controllable Hydors and was wondering if anyone had yet.

Just got the Koralia Wavemaker with 2 Nano pumps for my JBJ 28 HQI today. I figured I'd try "Bill Me Later" on Marine Depot with their 90 day no interest offer. Seems pretty nice so far (but it's only been about 4 hours!) I plan on posting some pics this weekend.

Chuck

fishez4alivin
Oh that would be great. Post a video if you can.

I have used both Wavemaker 2 and MP40W....I think that the Koralia is better for a smaller Nano tank because you can buy a powerhead based on your needs...K-nano through K4, soon to add the magnum pumps, whereas the MP40W lowest setting is 1000GPH, although in feed mode its 500GPH. The new MP20 is out, but its looks to be a detuned 40, less flow and less modes...same size...same motor

+'s for Wavemaker 2

PH can rotate on mount

many different sized PH's to choose from

For the price of a Vortech, you can get two PH's instead of one

Pretty reliable.....and if a PH goes belly, you can replace for a lot less

+'s Vortech

Lots of flow...very wide stream....

More modes to choose from....this part is really what separates the two models.

sleeker design...especially with the driver

I'm using the regular Koralias on a wave maker. You just need to add a piece of airline tubing to the shaft to keep the impeller from moving when it starts. There are several people at RC running them this way for over a year. Convinced me to try it... no problems so far.

What is the airline mod?

Archived