Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mushroom Question???

donteatthenano

donteatthenano

I've got way too much flow in my 10g to allow for me to simply place my new mushrooms on my LR. After I placed them and they decided to open up, they were swept away. I've got two powersweep powerheads and a mini HOB in my 10 gallon and have removed one powerhead (hopefully temporairly) until the shrooms decide to anchor themselves to the LR. Is this a bad idea since some of my other critters (other frags and fish) may have gotten used to the environment? Help please. Thanks ahead.

Place them in a small clay pot. WallyWorld has some down to maybe an inch across the top. Put some substrate or small rubble in the bottom. Place your 'shrooms on top. Cover with some rubber bands or mesh netting to keep them in there. And after a couple of weeks, more or less, they'll attach to some small stuff. Then glue the small piece with the 'shroom attached to whatever you want.

donteatthenano

They seem to be hanging on just fine with just one powerhead and I'd like to avoid any gluing (if at all possible). Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely consider it.

Archived