Pod Your Reef

Got my new big dog skimmer in for my 90G build! MSX200

DESERTHEATRACING

DESERTHEATRACING

Very nice unit built quality wise. Have heard nothing but the best about this unit! Arrived well packaged and in very short order even with the free shipping coupon I used from marine solutions! The bad boy is a beast! Well it is the largest skimmer I have ever owned, that is for sure :)

Took a photo of it next to a gallon jug and then of the cup next to a sprite can to see how large it actually is. Pretty impressive unit, especially since it is going on just a 90G with 20L sump + 20L fuge.

Video of the skimmer from top to bottom. Very large so you may just want to right click and download if you want to watch it.

http://www.garage1217.com/REEFPICS/MSX200/msx200vid.MOV

MSX200.jpg

MSX2002.jpg

DESERTHEATRACING
What air pump are you going to use for forced induction on this one? Can't wait to see it then.

Not sure, might have to use two as the air inlet on this baby is HUGE. Just going to have to test a few units out with my dwyer airflowmeter to see if a single unit can produce 40+scfh of air.

At some point, you are moving out of "air pump" territory into regenerative blower territory, and they ain't cheap.

It would be interesting to see, however.

DESERTHEATRACING
At some point, you are moving out of "air pump" territory into regenerative blower territory, and they ain't cheap.

It would be interesting to see, however.

haha I know. I have never tried f/i on a skimmer even close to this big, if I can do it cheap then I will. otherwise it is one heck of a skimmer as is so if I can test n tune to get 30scfh out of the pinwheel then I will be happy with that.

Archived