ReefCleaners.org

feeding question

dreamweaver_gcotb

dreamweaver_gcotb

I've tried the turkey baster but that didn't work. What kind of syringe could I use? The kind that is sold for marinating meats? They do have a rather large opening or how about a regular large syringe with a tube attached?

hey bout direct feeding, i have heard that it is less polluting if you do this??? is this true?? :unsure: i got some syringes and am thinking bout doing a idea i saw on here with some hard tubing and jsut gluing it staright to the syring so you dont need to put your hand in!

to feed my anemone I use plastic tongs...you know like the salad ones...I stick whatever it is I am feeding it on that and just put it infront of the anemone and it sucks it up...

well for liquid feedling...youd have a hard time direct feeding that.

Like Marine Snow or something...just put that infront of your powerhead and let the current toss it around.

dreamweaver_gcotb

Thanks for finding that. The thing I'm having the toughest time feeding is an anemone. I think the syringe would be great. As a matter of fact, I have a baby syringe already. I would just need the hard plastic tubing. Would an LFS have it I wonder?

For the filter feeders, I just put in DTs and let it swirl around.

thats what i kinda end up doing! i put the direct fedding tube like a little before the coral so that it gets blown passed the coral!

ya you can find that at most of your local fishstores. just get the size you need and viola!, what r DT's??? if you dont mind me asking

Archived