ReefCleaners.org

Protein Skimmer question

Cam198

After dealing with poor water conditions in my NC12 which ended up killing $260 worth of corals I've decided to buy a protein skimmer, could you recommend an efficient skimmer for my NC12? Thanks in advance :D

I don't know that you can really get an efficient skimmer on a tank that small. Your best bet is regular (weekly) water changes with RO/DI water and a good salt mix. Maybe a fuge mod too if you haven't already. The nicest 12 gallon tanks I've seen on the site have no protein skimming at all.

you can try a Tunze nano skimmer or even a Aqua C urchin skimmer i believe. There are a few skimmers designed for nano cubes and the like. Hope this helps.

masterbuilder
Your best bet is regular (weekly) water changes with RO/DI water and a good salt mix. Maybe a fuge mod too if you haven't already. The nicest 12 gallon tanks I've seen on the site have no protein skimming at all.

I agree...with a 12G tank there is no reason you cant have pristine water without a skimmer. 20-25% water changes every week....never miss a week. If you lost all your corals due to poor water quality a skimmer is not going to help you at all.

AdriftQuasar
I agree...with a 12G tank there is no reason you cant have pristine water without a skimmer. 20-25% water changes every week....never miss a week. If you lost all your corals due to poor water quality a skimmer is not going to help you at all.

+1

Archived