SaltCritters.com

Best Heater

Screename_116

dahliaheartsyou
Visi-Therm Stealth for the win! I've used them for years without any issues.

+1

used on all my systems, never failed like other cheapies.

Guest theoldman

I have used the Visi-Therm Stealth in my freshwater tanks and I love them.

I plan on starting a ten gallon Nano and using a Visi-Therm Stealth 50 watt heater in a AC filter.

(Just not sure what size of Aqua Clear to purchase so I can get the filter in it).

I was able to fit a 75w, I think they are the same length as the 50w, diagonally in the AC70 (had to cut a small hole in the lid for the top of the heater to stick out of). If you can afford it I'd recommend buying the largest model.

I was able to fit a 75w, I think they are the same length as the 50w, diagonally in the AC70 (had to cut a small hole in the lid for the top of the heater to stick out of). If you can afford it I'd recommend buying the largest model.

Why the largest? I would choose the smallest that could heat the tank. If the heater sticks on, a larger one will wreak havoc faster than a smaller one. I have read accounts of tanks cooking due to a stuck heater so it does happen.

-hank

Why the largest? I would choose the smallest that could heat the tank. If the heater sticks on, a larger one will wreak havoc faster than a smaller one. I have read accounts of tanks cooking due to a stuck heater so it does happen.

-hank

The largest AC. He said he wasn't sure what size AC to buy in order to fit the heater in it. I used a 70 due to the price difference between it and the 110, but if I had it to do over I'd get the 110.

:D

I came home once to a small FW tank that was nearly at a boil...never use cheap heaters >_<

The largest AC. He said he wasn't sure what size AC to buy in order to fit the heater in it. ...

Ah... I see now. Yes, that's a good idea. :D

-hank

ive used stealth on f/w tanks for many years and never a problem. they dont break first of all and they never ever malfunctioned so yeah +1 for stealth.. never tried for s/w but should be same.

masterbuilder

Jager has worked for me 15+ years. Never had a failure and keeps temp in a very tight range. Dont know about any other brand, never tried others.

Ebo Jagers are great but Hydor Theos are pieces of crap I had one in my NC12 and it just recently heated up the water to 90*F and killed $427.66 worth of coral :rant::angry: Whatever you do don't get a Hydor Theo trust me!

WindCloudWRX

I'm thinking about a ebo jagger.

FOr a 30 gallon, would a 50 watt suffice? My ambient is more hot than cool, but when I open my room's a/c is when I might worry a bit.

I still have the 100w AGA in my 29g planted FW. Came with the tank kit and still working well w/ no issues for about 2 years. Keep thinking about replacing it with a better heater but just havent gotten around to it.

I was using a cheapo 25w Tetra heater in my 20H SW (it was a raffle win, use it to heat water change mix now) but have since replaced it with the Hydor Theo. I like those heaters. no issues and easy to dial in to proper temp.

I do like the idea behind the stealth heaters. I have yet to have a heater shatter on me (*knocks on wood*) and dont really want to experience that. Also never had a fish that is destructive. friend had a oscar that liked to break heaters by ramming it or spitting rocks. he went to work and the oscar shattered the tank. Got a new tank but will not get another oscar, ever

I have a few stealth heaters. They're nice and black, but I hate that they don't have an indicator anywhere on them to tell me they are on. I would never know if it stuck on unless I check the temp or touch the heater.

Archived