ReefCleaners.org

Problems with Finnex skimmer, need help...

b0bby1

i have a finnex 30 gallon m-tank and have had some problems with the skimmer it came with. the tank did not come with instructions when i got it a couple months ago so i don't know if i set the skimmer up wrong or what. any have similar problems? ideas?

if anyone has a finnex 30 gallon can you please let me know wut kind of skimmer you are using. someone offered me and aqua c remora skimmer that is rated for 100 gallons i think and someone else offered me a aqua c remora hangon that rates from 20 to 70 gallons. are these good skimmers and will they fit in the skimmer chamber in the sump of my tank?

Remoras are very good skimmers.

I use a skimmer from a Finnex 20g but I don't use the tank and I don't have the stock skimmer pump.

maybe i'll go for the remora, i just gotta make sure that the skimmer will fit into that back chamber and spit keep the water flowing throughout the sump instead of spitting back into the main display right away. does your stock finnex skimmer work fine?

It works passibly but I think it would work better if I was running it the proper pump.

I can get a good wet skimmate out of it and if I could just get some more air in there I could get some great dry skimmate.

I'm going to be working on mesh modding the pump for mine for increased bubble production. But I've gotten both good dry and wet skimming from it. The skimmer should be placed all the way into the chamber with the hanging bracket over the side of course. The silencer tube connected to the airline should be sitting out of the tank. The tank should come with a sponge with a hole in it that goes over the skimmer return nozzle (that shoots water back out into the chamber), that's the micro bubble control. I don't use it because I had issues with the cup overflowing and the sponge getting clogged when I'd use it, so I tossed it. I don't get micro bubbles with my skimmer anyways unless I just fed it and it's skimming heavy. But i turn it off when I feed anyways, Just play around with the adjustment of it with the knob and you should be able to dial it in decently.

thanks for all the replies, i'm gonna try to mess around with the finnex skimmer tomorow and if it doesnt work i'll pick up a new one

Archived