inTank Media Baskets

Directly above-the-tank fuge plans

Aeternum23

Hi all,

I've got an 18 gallon nano that I'd like to make a canopy for. I'd like to make it so that I could fit both the lighting and an above-the-tank fuge. I'm sure someone has thought of this before, but I can't seem to find the info for it. In any case, I have an idea of what I'd like to do, but I'd definitely like to see other plans if possible.

This is a low-light FOWLR tank, so it's working off of a single NO bulb. I noticed that the ballast takes up just under 1/2 of the tank's width. I'm figuring that I can house a small one gallon fuge right behind the ballast. So basically, I'd get one acrylic box about 18"x10"x4.5". I'd place a permanent and sealed acylic divder in the box lengthwise, splitting the box in half. The front section will be for the light, the rear section for the fuge. I'm thinking of drilling the bottom of the box for the fuge's plumbing. After the acrylic "box" is complete, I'll enclose the whole thing in wood for aesthetics.

So yea, that's my plan. Unfortunately, it's all wishful thinking as I have no idea what tools I'll need an no idea how to use 'em :(. Soooooo, if you all have a better idea of how to work this, lemme know :)

Archived