Coral Vue Hydros

Tunze Osmolator

dweebikus

It comes with more than you need. There are many possible way to mount the sensors and it comes with parts for each possibility. The only thing it doesn't have is a water reservoir.

Yep, the instructions are horrible, but the mounting hardware really does cover every possibility. It does not come with a reservoir, but everything else you need, including the pump, is included.

If you buy one, know that you have the absolute best ATO system money can buy. There is nothing more reliable, period.

Aliasnumber1

I hate that if i do a water change and the new water level is above the sensor it runs non stop unless it hits the high water sensor.

I hate that if i do a water change and the new water level is above the sensor it runs non stop unless it hits the high water sensor.

If your osmolator does that, it is broken. call the manufacturer.

Mine doesnt do that. I usually just unplug it during my water change since i know the level will be fluctuating. My pump just runs for a second when i plug it back in.

If yours doesnt stop pumping shortly after the green light comes on (indicating the sensor is touching the water), it may be broken.

Aliasnumber1:

This is just a guess, as I haven't tried this, but perhaps you have your optical sensor installed upside down?

I'm not sure if the unit would behave the way you describe if it were mounted upside down, but it's an idea worth investigating. The wire should come out of the side of the sensor pointing toward the tank rather than the sump floor.

Aliasnumber1

Maybe ... the sensor looks like a sharpened pencil, I have the point of the sensor pointing down. I hated the directions i actually tried to read them and ended up tossing it.

Archived