Cultivated Reef

What skimmer?

fishman65

This has probably been asked many times but I have a 29 gallon tank I am planning on making a reef I have looked @ alot of skimmers but I don't know what one I should get any suggestions? I was thinking about the tunze but I was kinda looking for a hang on tank one since I have no sump.Thanks

Tunze 9002. Best bang for the buck. It goes in tank. If you want carbon filtration and surface skimming go with the Reef Pack 200 from Tunze. Great package for $200. If you have an AIO then the 9002 should fit in the chamber where you would put the bioballs they supply with the tank and should remove because they are more trouble than they are worth.

Tunze 9002. Best bang for the buck. It goes in tank. If you want carbon filtration and surface skimming go with the Reef Pack 200 from Tunze. Great package for $200. If you have an AIO then the 9002 should fit in the chamber where you would put the bioballs they supply with the tank and should remove because they are more trouble than they are worth.

StevieT makes some sweet collector cups for the Tunze skimmer which allow you to fit it inside the back of most AIO tanks.

+1 on the Tunze. A very good skimmer, very compact, and worth every penny. The remora is also a very good product.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I think the answer to all equipment questions from now on should just be "Tunze." Do they make a single bad product?

I think the answer to all equipment questions from now on should just be "Tunze." Do they make a single bad product?

They really don't, but their stuff is fairly expensive.

I think they are worth every penny.

SeeDemTails

How do you get such dark skimmate from your remora? I have just the standard remora with the skimmer box and all that i can get is tea colored water. What's the secret?

Archived