Pod Your Reef

Umbrella leather?

Son Of Skyline

Son Of Skyline

Does anybody have any info on umbrella leathers? I'm thinking of purchasing one but I couldn't find any clear info around.

Are they easy to keep?

What type of light intensity do they prefer?

Do they have to be fed?

Will they sting/bother other corals?

Anything I need to know in particular?

TIA :)

You could search under "sarcophyton" to find more info on the toadstool/ umbrella leathers.

As soon as I am done cycling, etc. I would like to get one. From what I hear they aren't too agressive, need only low to moderate current and are very tolerant of lighting conditions. No feeding is necessary. A pretty hardy coral. Some people say they are an excellent substitute host for clownfish.

Here's a care sheet:

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/s...sarcophyton.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I just got two different sarcophyton frags this week. One is a toadstool, the other is a pincushion.

I hadn't seen the pincushion before and really like it very much. I hope my clowns will pick one as a host as soon as they get bigger (the frags- not the clowns ;)     )

WARNING.

I know almost everybody says sarcophytons are very low aggressive. NOT. My little Toadstool hates the Xenia. It targets that coral specifically with its LONG sweeper tentacle that only comes out at night! I'll have to move that little beast to the other end of the tank.

The pincushion is behaving well so far though...

Archived