inTank Media Baskets

JBJ Auto Top Off sensor size?

SeeDemTails

SeeDemTails

I cant find any pics of the sensors that come with the jbj system, how big are they? L x W x H? Any pictures?

Thanks!

-Christel

SeeDemTails

Cage as in snail guard, with the float lying inside?

I am trying to find a ato that will fit in the pump section of my remora prefilter box.

IMG_7011.jpg

You can unscrew that nylon nut that is shown with the cord coming out of it and re-mount in a film cartridge or whatever works for you. The cage is the gray box surrounding the float itself.

SeeDemTails

Yes because when you run the prefilter, the only evaporation in the tank happens in the box. It becomes like a mini sump in your tank. Basically the ATO has to be in there. plus it will cut on and off more keeping the salinity more stable.

I was running a tsunami, but I didnt like it. I want something a little better quality for when I go out of town.

I have seen other people with ato's in the box, just not sure what type!

edit: Thanks for the pics, that is the one I saw before.

I cant find any pics of the sensors that come with the jbj system, how big are they? L x W x H? Any pictures?

Thanks!

-Christel

Not sure - but I just talked to the team at Top-Off.com about their new Micro float switch system.

It's so new they do not have pictures.

Steve

Christel, you could get away with running the flaot without the snail guard as long as you know nothing (including stomatella) won't be able to get to it to block it's operation.

I have the AquaC with Mag3 & overflow/media box and put the JBJ sensor inside where the over flow goes and it works great! I didn't feel comfortable with the snail guard, it has spaces where snails could easily pass through so I cut up a couple zip ties and made a cage with super glue gel.

Picture101.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Sweet, I think I am gonna get one. I am a stickler for maintenance, so I will be checking it all the time for algae ect ect. I want the tunze but dont have the fundze.

Archived