ReefCleaners.org

AC 300 fuge

Kingpin

is a Aqua clear 300 ehough flow for a 10gal?

i want to know beause i want to removes some bulky power heads. it would just be my ac300 fuge w/ heater. if not i was think to put a power head inside the ac300 and plumb water in 1/2"pvc to d-vert water flow. what do you think about that idea?

ELGORDOINAVW

well if you are just using the filter to circulate water and hold your heater then yes it is good enough, but if your using it as a fuge the flow is high. fuges should have slow flow, i use a aq500 on my 10 gallon but i used acrylic to direct the flow over the macro so it doesn't stir stuff up.

you could use a aquaclear 150 impeller on the 300 to reduce the flow and it would still be enough flow and work as a fuge.

do you think i should get an ac500 too. i like more space and i too can get some dividers.

if i have so much water flow(500gph) i defendantly can put that 270gph pump in and use my overhead jets or spray that are inter-changeable.

yes for the ac500 or no, go w/ the ac300 setup?

you could use a aquaclear 150 impeller on the 300 to reduce the flow and it would still be enough flow and work as a fuge.

i was thinking more of the water flow the ac300 made for the tank full of corals than for the fuge.

i was already planing on doing the dividers toreduce the flow.

edit: by the way, thanks for the response. it's tough getting answers when you really need them.

Archived