Cultivated Reef

New 10 Gallon Nano Equipment good or bad?

NanoReefer112

NanoReefer112

I have a 10gallon tank and this is the equipment im planning on buying.

Lighting-Aqualight Power Compact Fixture for Saltwater - Square Pin - 28W - 20 in. Will be over the tank not on it.

Filtration-Surface Skimmer-Rapids Canister Filter C-80 - Up to 20 gal.

Flow-Penguin 550 Powerheadx1

Thats it just asking if these are good? I cant afford anyhting to expensive these i have read about and say they are good and they are in my price range.

What do you plan on keeping in the tank? You may not need the skimmer and you might want to upgrade that light. Ebay has a light of really good deals on lights or u can buy used from the classifieds section here.

NanoReefer112

I plan on having Percula Clownfishx1 Red Firefish Gobyx1 and

Twin Spot Signal Gobyx1 possibly Bicolor Pseudochromisx1 If thats not over stocking.

Ditch the rapids can filter.. that thing is a royal POS. I had nothing but trouble with mine for 3 months until it broke.

I plan on having Percula Clownfishx1 Red Firefish Gobyx1 and

Twin Spot Signal Gobyx1 possibly Bicolor Pseudochromisx1 If thats not over stocking.

The clown and firefish will be fine. You can possibly add 1 more small goby once youre tank has been running for a while. The pseudo will become too big and way too aggressive.

Do yu have any plans for coral?

NanoReefer112

I do want coral but i dont know what I want or should get and wether to add the coral first and wait for fish or other way around? Could you tell me some corals? As you can tell this is my first reef attempt.

I'd go with a maxijet 900 it's about $15 and if you can afford it you really need to try and upgrade the lighting. I've never used anything from these guys but since you are on a budget it might be a good solution Aquatraders 96w HO T6 You might look into an Aquaclear 70 instead of that canister filter. You don't say anything about reef inhabitants but i assume you will have them as this is a reef site.

Steve

Mischeif Nite

I would HIGHLY recommend doing a lot more reading on this site before you make the plunge....cuts down on mistakes and over-spending. Good luck!

I'd go with a maxijet 900 it's about $15 and if you can afford it you really need to try and upgrade the lighting. I've never used anything from these guys but since you are on a budget it might be a good solution Aquatraders 96w HO T6 You might look into an Aquaclear 70 instead of that canister filter. You don't say anything about reef inhabitants but i assume you will have them as this is a reef site.

Steve

Those are all very good. You def want to save up for a good light. Good beginner corals are mushrooms and zoanthids and some florida ricordeas as well. Look in the members aquariums section and search 10 gallons

and a bunch of tank threads will pop up with plenty of information.

Archived