SaltCritters.com

Help me with pump for auto top off unit

jwalsh1

Hello, I purchased the auto top off mini from AutoTop and Im looking for a suitable pump to run with that.

I have a solana 34 gallon and Id like the reservoir to sit on the floor and pump into the return chamber of the aquarium. That height is around 4'. I noticed the aqualifter is only rated to 30".

2 questions, will the aqualifter work anyway, just at a lower gph, and if not can you help recommend a small cheap pump I could use?

Thanks!

Jason

Hello, I purchased the auto top off mini from AutoTop and Im looking for a suitable pump to run with that.

I have a solana 34 gallon and Id like the reservoir to sit on the floor and pump into the return chamber of the aquarium. That height is around 4'. I noticed the aqualifter is only rated to 30".

2 questions, will the aqualifter work anyway, just at a lower gph, and if not can you help recommend a small cheap pump I could use?

Thanks!

Jason

I use the auto top off basics on both of my tanks from that same site . I have them paired up to aqualifters, works great.

So those pumps will push that water the 4 feet it needs to travel without any troubles?

Thanks for the reply!

the aqualifter pumps so slow that most of the time, the ATO reaches the cut off time before it finishes topping off the tank even at the max time of 14+ minutes. then you have to reset the ATO to start it up again..

i had an Oddysea laying around that I use, but I read a lot of people use maxijets.

^Same problem with my aqualifter. I now have 5 center blocks with the jug on top so it can pump. It could be just clogged up but now that I switched tanks the head is 4.5'

I'm about to order this pump for a max of 6' Quiet One 1200

Archived