Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CSL 2X32w pc retrofit or MH on 7 Gallon Mini Bow

ksupermnp

I’m new to reefing and in the planning stage of an AGA 7 gallon minibow. I know this is an endless debate but I’m look at pc vs. mh. Right now I’m leaning towards the CSL 2X32W pc retrofit kit and a moon light (just for effects) or a mh system (don’t know which one yet.) I’d like to be able to keep anything and everything down the road including clams. I also want to do it right the first time so money, (within reason) is negotiable. I also want a dawn dusk option again just for looks. There will be an ice probe because my appt is too unpredictable- so extra heat should be a non-issue. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

One more quick question does anyone use the TetraTec PF 150 filter and heater- I want to keep the heater out of the tank to save realistate. How do you like it?/reliability?

thanks

I have 2x32w pc's on my 7g and I am keeping two clams 1 crocea and 1 squamosa. I also have some bright yellow with bright green tips acro and a BTA, plus various other easyr to keep stuff like zoos,gsp,blastommusa,shrooms,ric's,scroll coral.

Heat is not a problem for me. Actually the heater kicks on alot if the room temp is cool. The lights are in an inclosed hood with a 3" computer fan blowing on the lights and water.

If you can fit and afford the MH I say go for it.

Archived