ReefCleaners.org

BC29 Light Problems

drakkor

Curious if anyone has had this happen with their BC29 stock hood and might know what's causing it. If I turn on both lights they both turn on as expected, but if I check back later the one closest to the rear of the tank is off! I toggle the switch and it doesn't turn on, but if I turn both lamps off, then about two seconds later the rear light blinks momentarily and turning the switch on results in the light working again.

Since the behavior seems to be linked with the other light I doubt it's a problem with the ballast, but I really don't know for sure.

Thoughts?

dahliaheartsyou
Curious if anyone has had this happen with their BC29 stock hood and might know what's causing it. If I turn on both lights they both turn on as expected, but if I check back later the one closest to the rear of the tank is off! I toggle the switch and it doesn't turn on, but if I turn both lamps off, then about two seconds later the rear light blinks momentarily and turning the switch on results in the light working again.

Since the behavior seems to be linked with the other light I doubt it's a problem with the ballast, but I really don't know for sure.

Thoughts?

Is it the blue one that is acting up(actinic)?

Are you using a timer?

I would say you need a new light, all that isn't normal.

I knew I left some details out...

Both lights are 10000K corallife, and I've tried replacing the bulb already, no difference. This was happening before I hooked up the timer for my lights, I don't want to cause a fire so for now the light that is acting up is not plugged in. This is a used tank so getting it replaced is unfortunately out of the question :(

Archived