Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bio-Cube skimming options

bustaphoto

I have a 14 gallon bio-cube recently have found a great new intrest in lps corals. Being new to the scene I did my research and concluded I had most of what I needed except for a skimmer (or atleast I have been lead to belive this).

I know that oceanic makes a skimmer that fits in the first chamber,but is this the only one? Is it even needed with such a small tank. I do 20% water changes about every 4 days.

I think you'll be just fine without a skimmer. I'm guessing with sand and live rock, you probably have about 10-12 gallons of total water volume. With your current water change schedule, I think you'll be fine without one. Good Luck.

I think you'll be just fine without a skimmer. I'm guessing with sand and live rock, you probably have about 10-12 gallons of total water volume. With your current water change schedule, I think you'll be fine without one. Good Luck.

Hi, just red your strategy about the skimmer. For what its worth; i just left my tank for two months without water change; while i was gone a buddy of mine fed my fishes and thats it. So if you get the skimmer for about $ 40 , you wont have to make so many water changes and save on salt, wich by now you know how expensive it can get. My biocube is a 34 g, 29 g really minus the rear equipment. Your water quality will improve and will be more stable. You still will have to make water changes, your tank is smaller than mine so less stable, but less trouble. Happy reefing.GET the skimmer, lol

Is it good? Not really? I have one. I upgraded the pump, and I extended the body cavity. It's ok. For the price, it can be a decent skimmer, but it won't compare to the good ones (Tunze, CPR SR3, etc). Of course, its 1/5 the price.

If you are really doing wc's every 4 days, you don't need a skimmer.

Is it good? Not really? I have one. I upgraded the pump, and I extended the body cavity. It's ok. For the price, it can be a decent skimmer, but it won't compare to the good ones (Tunze, CPR SR3, etc). Of course, its 1/5 the price.

If you are really doing wc's every 4 days, you don't need a skimmer.

What kind of improvements did you make can you post some pictures or direct me to them... I really want to skim so that I dont have to do w/c every 4 days it freaking sucks... I live in Miami and get very good quality salt water for a super reasonable price its not about that its that the driving back and forth is really getting on my nerves I could make the same 5 gallon bottle last twice as long. Also the stability is what Im looking for. I know its very basic but Its the only skimmer I could find that fits.

97982053.jpg

Archived