ReefCleaners.org

Setting Up Old Tank - Need Advice and ID

Rex32

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post here at Nano-Reef and I'm really excited to setup my tank! I bought the tank off of a friend in High School 5 or 6 years ago and it has been sitting in my garage since. I am looking to set it up in my apartment this coming year at school and needed to replace a few things.

First off, I'm not sure of the brand or exact size but I snapped some pictures on my iPhone... Sorry for the poor quality.

I can't quite get the pump out but if I mess with it for a little bit I could get it out if you guys recommend a different pump or something.

I also need to get a new light, I saw an 8" retrofit kit on one of the sites recommended here but I can't find it right now... I believe it was 13W.

I cleaned the whole tank with vinegar to get all the excess calcium and salt out a few weeks ago. I will probably run it for a week or so, changing the water daily to make sure all of the vinegar is out.

Also the top of the tank is upside down in the pictures because most of the parts from the tank were in it and I didn't want to put it all on the ground.

So in conclusion, if anyone could ID the tank that would be extremely helpful for me. It is acrylic BTW...

Also any input you guys would have to get this tank started up again would be awesome. I'm looking for a complete setup and I don't plan to skimp (too much) on anything.

Thanks a lot!

Mike

post-38045-1217389008_thumb.jpg

post-38045-1217389042_thumb.jpg

lakshwadeep

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

I don't know what type it is, but be careful with acrylic. It will scratch easily, and so you should first try to polish any scratches (mainly the inside) before setting it up with saltwater/rocks.

Archived