Pod Your Reef

reducing micro bubbles from protein skimmer

Goonter

Title says it all, i have an aqua c remora protein skimmer, i am trying to figure out how to reduce micro bubbles, because i can see LOTS of bubbles in the water (real small)....some of them even stick to the rock or corals.... i plan to keep a clam and i am assuming this would also be bad, anyone have some advice?

moneyman6891

I have a SeaClone skimmer and I had to take a cup and cut hole in the bottom then put some filter pad on the bottom, so the this helped but then I had a cup in my display. Now I have a sump :)

How long have you had it? These skimmer can take a good week or 2 to get broken in. During which time they build up a slime and don't bubble as much.

How long have you had it? These skimmer can take a good week or 2 to get broken in. During which time they build up a slime and don't bubble as much.

i bought it from someone in which i have no clue how long he used it, but i am on month 5.

I use an ASM mini-g, which unfortunately produces a fair amount of micro-bubbles in the effluent, even after a year of use. My solution was to have it drain into a 100 micron filter sock, which catches all the bubbles. Of course, this will only work in a sump, as nobody wants a filter sock hanging into their display tank.

Archived