Innovative Marine Aquariums

hey guys! my tank needs help!

Sltwtr4lfe

hey,

ok, after wating a week of my tank being set up i wne tout and boutght a clown, 2 weeks later i got a scooter blenny, now i am finding my self wanting to get some corals, i heard that you should get your corals before your livestock! so now im lost at what to do!!! :unsure: i have a 10 gallon that i can keep the clown in for a month or so until i am done stocking, sould or shouldnt I? ???

thanks in advance and all help is welcome!

you can keep the clown in there, just stock slow and little

dont get tempted by that huge, 12 inch rock filled with mushrooms (not that you could fit that anyway)...just get small bits and put them in. Start out with some mushrooms or something like that that you can get a couple of small...go from there

dont take the clown out, there really is not much of a need for that

ok, so just get some really small corals to start, i have a (hitchhiker) mushroom that came on a piece of my live rock and a couple feather dusters, but im looking to get more shrooms and some openbrains and other nice corals, i also want one my clown can host! thats it for me tonight keep the posts going its 12:40 GG all!

You will need to keep testing your water parameters as you add corals; in addition, you’ll need to start testing your alkalinity and calcium levels. As you get more corals, it’s likely that you’ll need to start dosing with something like B-Ionic.

Removing and adding back your fish will impact your bio-load. Besides that, the fish will provide nutrients for some corals; so I wouldn’t remove them.

Archived