Top Shelf Aquatics

Tonga branch LR

nanephilim

Okay guys and dolls yall have been nursing me through the startup phases of my nano, and so far your advice has been more helpful than you will ever know. So first of all,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That goes not only for those who have responded to my posts, but to everyone who posts here, cause Ive learned more from the questions and mistakes Ive read here than from any of my books.

:happy:

Now then, let me get down to business.

I've gotta get 8lbs of Tonga Branch LR (cured if possable)

and i want it from a reliable supplier with a reputation for good products. The problem is that most dealers want a minimum of like 20lbs or the few that will sell small amounts have shady reputations.

PLEASE in your infinite wisdom, make my Tonga dreams come true by givin me some good links.

Thanx in advance

Jason.......

Jason there is a guy on Ebay that sells Tonga live rock, right now he has a 10lb pack for $60.00+ but that includes shipping. Which seems like a pretty good deal. He has decent feedback you could probably email a couple of his customers and really check it out. Just do a search for Tonga live rock he pops right up.

I bought 8 pounds of Tonga branch from www.premiumaquatics.com. They will send you any amount that you would like. I emailed them about my order to ask for small LR chunks for a nano and they sent me what I asked for. They also got Florida LS for like 1.99 a pound. I only bought 2 pounds of that for some diversity in my tank. I also got my first coral from them and it only cost 6.00, it was a Ric. mushroom.

going to see the oracle

fishsupply.com has small amounts of rock. is tonga branch the only rock you're going to have in your tank? i dont want to sound mean but if it is TB doesn't have as good natural filtration as the other rocks! it looks really good to help garnish other rocks though! hth, Reed

Okay, so what types of LR would be a good base for some Tonga Branch? I don't know anything about anything yet. But every journey has to start somewhere. I had actually thought of buying some carribean LR from etropicals.com 'cause they sell it by the pound and I've done business with them before. But I read a testimonial from one of there customers that said he wasnt particularly pleased with some he bought there.

So gimmie some suggestions on what to get for good bio filtration as well as lots of color and diversity of shapes.

And once again thanx for putting up with my newbie a$$

Archived