Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hang-on Fuge Issue

Break

So, um, I just realized that the refugium (24") I've ordered is going to be longer than the aquarium (20"). UPS tried to deliver it today, but of course I was at work <_<. Just from looking at the dimensions however, I've realized that there's no way I can hang it on the back. Would this be a possible solution?

1. Set the fuge on the stand, next to the tank

2. Run a tube from the tank into the fuge.

3. Connect tubing from the fuge outlet to a pump sitting next to the fuge

4. Run tubing from the pump back up into the tank

So would it be possible to have the pump pull water through the fuge and push it back up into the tank? Not much of a hang-on fuge anymore though, lol. Would going through the pump on the way to the display cause issues with my pods and whatnot? I have my chiller set up the same way. If this would be problematic I can always return it for a downgrade to a hang-on fuge half the size - 2.5 gallons instead of 5. It would fit on the back perfectly. But bigger is always better when it comes to fuges... What do you guys recommend I do?

EDIT: Forget it, I'm just going to exchange for the one that fits! Or I might just give in and convert my third chamber into a fuge. This thread can be deleted now! Sorry, for the mess!

disaster999

shouldnt you check the size and see if it fits your tank before ordering it?

but i guess you found the right solution, return it and get one that fits

Archived