inTank Media Baskets

I need an awesome heater for my 12g

w1dude

I know everyone has this problem but My tank heats up a whole lot while i have my lights on and then cools down a WHOLE lot when they are off. I need a heater that will keep it at a constant temp. Any ideas?

i believe finnex and visi-therm are the best heater makers, i have an ebo jager/ehiem and i cannot complain.

Can i set it at a certian temp and it will stay pretty close to that set temp?

My visi-therm stealth is set to about 79-80 and my tank stays right at 79-80. I have no other real heating issues though so if you tank tends to run a little hot there may be more fluctuation. I love my heater though.

+1 to the visi-therm stealth. Very consistent temps and also it's encased in a black composite plastic so its much harder to break than the glass heaters. Being all black it will blend in nicely with a black background if you have one.

+1 to the visi-therm stealth. Very consistent temps and also it's encased in a black composite plastic so its much harder to break than the glass heaters. Being all black it will blend in nicely with a black background if you have one.

i do! ok that is awesome i will get one! so def. go with the stealth?

disaster999

go with the stealth..im done with glass heaters!

also ill go with an one size up than recommended heater. say you need a 50watt heater for your tank per recommendation on the package...ill get a 75 watt, i found out that it keeps the water at a much constant temp.

CorvetteJoe
+2 for the visi-therm stealth. Great heaters!

+3 for the Stealth.

I got one in my 75gal FW and my 29gal BC reef. I have other brands too that work well, but I feel the most comfortable with the Stealth being encased in plastic.

I have the Azoo Ti. heater in my 30g which I previously used for my 12g cube and it works perfectly and holds temp exactly where I put it.

How about taking the heater your have right now and just adjusting it up a couple degreees and then see what happens. Or do you not have a heater yet? Best heaters I know are the Visi-Therm Stealth like mentioned, and I also use Hydor Theo heaters without any issues. Both are some of the best heaters for the hobby!

Archived