inTank Media Baskets

LR arranging.

Kingpin

what should i be going for?

-lots of caves?

-lots of ledges?

rite now i just throw in my rock didnt are where it ended up, most next to front glass.

only think i like about the LR so far is the red crab and the 7-starfish. i did get some coral but dont know what, and dont care guessing it going to die durning cycle.

i have 15lbs and i have a pump and spray bar that i want to hide but also get to.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS...i think about not having anything cool, and putting it in the laudary room like where the fish stores store there LR, i dont think a SW is going to work for me if i cant get the money. i think i might just "cure" my cured rock some more, maybe like 2 years.(time till im out of HS)

Kingpin,

I think aquascaping is primarily an astetic thing. So I would just suggest stacking it in a manner that you think looks nice.

Now, having said that, you should also consider the following:

(1) Water flow caused by the rock

(2) Hidding places for your animals

(3) Shelves/area's for your coral displays

A note on #1 there: If you don't have the right type of flow / if you impeed the flow of water in your tank with your rock aranging, you may notice an increase in cyno (red slime) algae. Adjusting the power heads / re-arranging a few rocks can usually help with this.

Good luck!

~V

is it easier to use big peices or little peices?

also should i keep all equipment of of sand?

-rite now i got a powerhead and spray bar that takes up have the tank, remove it?

ac300/fuge enough waterflow? or CPR fuge w/ 270 gph PH?

well, if you are using my method of "hammer and screw driver" do it outside the tank.

then break a couple pieces apart and it may be more manageable for your Nano...

Just dont break em into a million pieces or anything...;)

well, i have stacked my rocks in to towers that have a middle brigde connecting them. and looks awsome. ill try get pics when dust settlles.

i also notice i have alot of vertical wall(90-70degrees) will corals attach to these walls?

also when arranging rock i found a all red crab, i think decor crab, any one for sure?

Archived