Coral Vue Hydros

Chemipure

skydive

I just set up a Remora pro with the Mag 3 overflow box and a 10oz bag of Chemipure Elite in the media chamber. The bag covers the opening below and water spills out the top instead of going through the bag. To get it going out the bottom I have to leave a corner open, but doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I'm realizing why it lasts up to 6 months, it's too dense to let water through. I guess you can force it through with a pump but who wants to do that?

SaltWaterNewb

All the water may not be going through the media at once but some is so it is still doing its job. Over the course of the day, all the water from the tank has been circulated numerous times so I am sure that the media has been in contact with plenty of the water for it to work. If you really want great media to water contact then you can always get a PhosBan Reactor and add the Chemi-Pure in it.

I do notice it's going through it more now then when it was in the AC110. Now I'm wondering what the cloudiness coming from it is and will it clear up over time? I rinsed the bag for several minutes and all but something is still clouding up the water from it.

SaltWaterNewb

Use some filter floss to polish the water. Probably just some dust still in the chemipure that is coming out now that you have better flow through the bag.

I put the prefilter sponge that came with the skimmer on the 110, filter floss, and the bag of carbon that came with the 110. Hopefully with all of that it should clear up.

Archived