SaltCritters.com

maxi-jet 900 algae free mod vs koralia nano pump vs tunze nanostream!

reefer123

tsup fellow reefers, does anyone know much about the koralia nano powerhead, tunze nanostream, and the maxijet 900 algae free mod? i hav a 30 gallon long nano and am gonna put a wave system in it with 2 powerheads but am unsure about pump selection. i know that the tunze can be modded to get higher flow, how much is the maxijet 900 with mod? actually 1600 gph??? and which koralia would be good for a 30 inch tank? the nano is 240 gph but k-1 is 400. i am a noob still(and will be 4 quite some time ) so any comments are appreciated. oh and i plan on keeping sps so higher flow is needed i guess

i basically need a pump that

a) is small

b)produces a strong wide flow with some undertow

c)is able to be used on a wave machine

what do you guys think i should use???

oh and this is on a 2 channel jbj wavemaker

thanks abunch!

none of what you mentioned can go on a wave time except teh mj900 but that would be with out the mod... prop pumps can go on timers because the props will sometime start up the wrong direction and will burn out them out... i have all of the pumps listed and i like the tunze or koralia.. the nanos are goign to be to small unless you get like 5 of them... what are you planning on keeping? i think you could save some money and go with 2 koralia 2s, or a tunze 6025 that has been modded and a koralia nano placed on the opposite side to eliminate dead spots... tunze are the better pumps with better customer support, but they are more expensive

planning on keepin a mixed reef. awww man that stinks i cant put them on a wave timer. but hydor makes a wave maker specially for koralia pmps. how is this???? i want the wide flow so maxijet is out cause the mod is big/ugly. i guess i'll get 2 koralia 1's or 2's. wouldnt the 2's be too much flow or you think not? what do you use?

The wave maker Hydor makes is for special (and more expensive) wave maker capable koralias. I believe the voltages are different with some other bells and whistles...they are quite expensive as well! Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can use them unless you have the hydor wavemaker as well, they aren't stand alone pumps...and you also can't use the "normal" koralias with the wavemaker, only the specialized versions....Anyone?

the koralias for the wave timere are a 12V pump which is diffrent then the regualr koralias... they are diffrent in the sense that they dont just turn on and off... the wave timer raises and lowers the power going to the pump so they never really stop they just turn really slowly and pump minimal water... and they only work on thier wave timer

right now in my 29g display i have a tunze 6025 modded, and a koralia 1 and a koralia nano

in my 2.8g i have a koralia nano

I read about a mod on RC where you can cut a piece of airline tubing to fix the start / stop issues with the Korilias. People have run them for years with no problems.

Archived