SaltCritters.com

what the...

Moe

....why do people say that its harder to use a smaller tanks, as opposed to bigger ones...???:confused:??? And What do you think I should use? A 10g, or 20g?

Sup man, welcome to the forums. Im a noob too, but I believe this is because the people that say that have large tanks, and bank on mechanical (protein skimmers) or chemical filtration. And forget about the patience for a biologically filtered tank. For one a smaller tank will take a few mistakes for you to get it right. A large tank is a lot more forgiving. I hope that helps you out

Because it is harder to use a small tank !...

Tanks need stability, and you have greater stability in a larger volume of water. Temperature will change quicker in a 10gal tank than it will in a 100gal tank in the same room, given the ambient temp is above water temp.

You should use what size you are comfortable keeping.

Have you figured out what sort of animals you want to keep ? That should help you decide what size tank to get.

-skeletor-

There is also the difficulty in water displacement. Stick you hand in a 2.5 and you have a flood. You need to work with tongs, hemostats, etc. In a larger tank you don't have that problem

Archived