ReefCleaners.org

Cleaning an RO unit?

CorvetteJoe

CorvetteJoe

A buddy just gave me a used RO unit.

***Edit, I found out its a full 4 stage RODI unit and answered my cleaning questions.

CorvetteJoe

Well, I found out its a full 4 stage RODI

It's this model from Purely H2O

http://www.purelyh2o.com/catalog/The-V-Ser...em-p-16210.html

vbig.gif

I emailed the company for a manual since it seems they don't have one online.

There are a few questions I have about it, not sure how generic this is to others, IF I ever get the manual, my questions may be answered...

Seems the entire filter and DI replacement kit is only $36, so I am just going to go ahead and order it and probably pickup the TDS gauges too while I am at it.

I found out the company is local to me, so I'm going to see if I can just pick it up.

I really hope all this works out, as I'd like to be completely self sufficient and not have to bother my buddy for salt water or buy it anymore.

CorvetteJoe

I ordered the media replacement kit and a dual TDS meter. Should be here tomorrow.

I can't wait to start making my own water :)

CorvetteJoe

Well it wasn't as complicated as it looked.

I took it all apart, wiped it all out with a sponge, hosed it down real good and put all the new filters in and installed the dual TDS meter.

My tap water is at a super clean 157ppm and I got it down to 0ppm after about 10 mins of filtering.

I made up a pitcher for the fridge to drink and still have a jug in the garage to use up before I start making it for the aquarium.

All is well!

Archived