Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Skimmer opinions

jlancas81

Hello, I am new to this forum as I have always had some larger tanks in the past. Well, I now have a 29 gal that was given to me by a friend. Came complete with rock, fish, and equipment. Unfortunatley the skimmer sucks. I hace no idea what brand it even is. I think it looks like it was built in the back of the LFS he bought it from. I guess what I am getting at, are there skimmers out there that are truely great for this size. I plan on doing mainly SPS and Zoo's. I currently have a 10 gal sump, so i can do in sump or HOT. It will be awhile before any corals go in, as I am in the process of changing my IC 430 over to 4 T5 bulbs. I was looking at possibly just waiting for some results from the EuroReef Nano, as I have had Euro's before and loved them, but not sure what kind of time frame they are looking at for it to truely be released.

You should post some pics of the skimmer.

You might be able to get an ID and you also might get some good suggestions regarding how to make it perform better. Unless, of course, you really want to go buy a new one.

Archived