Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29g Biocube overflowing

qbical

so now that i have my 29g setup it seems like the rear chambers are just not holding the water, it all just goes back into the main display. when i pour more water in the back 2 chambers (evap chambers if u will) the actual main tank just keeps filling. the tank is to the point that it is so full its overflowing back into the rear chambers.

when i had my 14g i was able to fill the hell outta the rear chambers and now i cannot.

does anyone have this problem or wtf am i doing wrong?

dahliaheartsyou
so now that i have my 29g setup it seems like the rear chambers are just not holding the water, it all just goes back into the main display. when i pour more water in the back 2 chambers (evap chambers if u will) the actual main tank just keeps filling. the tank is to the point that it is so full its overflowing back into the rear chambers.

when i had my 14g i was able to fill the hell outta the rear chambers and now i cannot.

does anyone have this problem or wtf am i doing wrong?

Did you turn the pump on?

If it is, are you sure it is connected right?

Is the sponge clogged in 3?

What happens when you keep filling it up?

Does the water actually flow out of the tank?

Did you turn the pump on?

If it is, are you sure it is connected right?

Is the sponge clogged in 3?

What happens when you keep filling it up?

Does the water actually flow out of the tank?

lol geez i am not that noob haha jk also, i am 100% sure i have it hooked up right.

yea when i turn the pump on, my rear levels drop (which i am use to w my old one) but then my main display starts to fill up to the point it flows BACK into the rear chambers. it doesnt make it actually out of the tank yet THANK GOD. but i just dont get it.

now my rear chamber 3 is evaping and after so much water gets into there my main tank just starts to fill. even when i splash the water over from the main disp. to the rear chambers it just keeps going into the main disp. i am totally confused by what is happeneing lol

o and i cleaned out the little blue filter pad really well and it looks/is brand new pretty much.

Is the pump modded? has the overflow between 1 and 2 been modded?

no i tried 3 different pumps and surprisingly enough the stock pump was the best (even against a MJ1200)

yes i have cut out more from chamber 1 to 2 to increase the flow but i am thinking maybe i need to cut it more.

the ONLY thing i can think of is that right now i have the stock carbon/filter pad that comes with the BC's installed in chamber 1 just because i JUST did the tank transfer and wanted to run the carbon for a week or 2. i ALSO have in chamber 1 my BC skimmer since i have no where to put it at the moment. my only guess is that those 2 things are restricting the flow into those back chambers? but that water seems to be flowing thru pretty damn good.

IDK i just dont get it.

thanks again all

dahliaheartsyou

I just kept filling till it was about 2 inches over max because when you take out the bioballs the max/min level is irrelevant.

Are you having microbubble problems or anything?

I don't know about the skimmer, that sounds like it would restrict flow....maybe you could move it. And YES that filter they give you restricts flow, especially when in chamber 1...

FWIW, What I did was remove the false bottom in chamber 1, put polyester batting rolled up with a heater in.

chamber 2: removed the drip tray, top and bottom, which increased flow IMMENSELY. It has nothing in it now, but will have chaeto, phosban, and chemi-pure.

Chamber 3: stock pump, stock sponge I clean daily.

tryin widing the chamber between 1 and 2.. just use a dremel or steak knife.. it willl allow the water to flow much better through.. it should cure ur problem ;)

I just kept filling till it was about 2 inches over max because when you take out the bioballs the max/min level is irrelevant.

Are you having microbubble problems or anything?

I don't know about the skimmer, that sounds like it would restrict flow....maybe you could move it. And YES that filter they give you restricts flow, especially when in chamber 1...

FWIW, What I did was remove the false bottom in chamber 1, put polyester batting rolled up with a heater in.

chamber 2: removed the drip tray, top and bottom, which increased flow IMMENSELY. It has nothing in it now, but will have chaeto, phosban, and chemi-pure.

Chamber 3: stock pump, stock sponge I clean daily.

yea, i knew from my 14g that after the bioballs are out the little water level line doesnt really mean crap. i also removed all the false floors and drip tray, but i dont know if i want to make a fuge in that 2nd chamber again or not. i liked using the old driptray after cutting everything off of it and sticking a piece of filer pad on there. i need to figure out where i can stick some filter padding, but i think i have an idea.

i think my problem is all the stuff that i have jammed into chamber 1.

tryin widing the chamber between 1 and 2.. just use a dremel or steak knife.. it willl allow the water to flow much better through.. it should cure ur problem ;)

i have already done that once when empty, but i dont really want to cut it again since the tank is now full.

i can maybe try some snips to minimize the plastic pieces.

thanks all

Archived