Top Shelf Aquatics

Scooter Blennys

Sltwtr4lfe

ELGORDOINAVW

they are very cool fish only i've had a hard time keeping them in the past. i didn't have a fuge before and would try to feed them brine they would eat a little but ended up starving because i couldn't produce enough pods for them.

I have a red scooter in my 20H for about 3-4months now or so.

There supposed to be kept in larger tanks since there diet is mainly pods, but mine accepts other foods such as mysis, brine, bloodworms, and pellets.

It doesn't seem to cr@p allot, but they are hard to feed with other fish in the tank since these guys are very shy and feed slowly. When I had a clown in there, the clown would steal part of the scooters food...sometimes he even ate the food out of the scooters mouth :|

They don't eat allot of food at any one time, but munch throughout the day.

I feed mine using a turkeybaster and squirt 2-4 pieces of food at a time for him to eat. If I just shoot a whole bunch of food at him at once he ends up missing allot of it or doesn't eat it all.

I feed my scooter 3 times a day and soak the frozen food in zoe/zoecon.

They like lots of rock and lots of fine sand to sift through (siftin for pods).

At night they bury themselves in the sand up to there eyeballs and sleep like that. They also hide in the sand when there scared.

They seem to explore all over the tank throughout the day, and are very active fish.

I had a red one and they are hard to keep. They need live sand for burrowing and for feeding. They wont except prepared food. Mine probably starved.

A scooter blenny is actually not a difficult fish to keep. It seems that some are confusing these with madarins, which do need an established tank with lots of pods. A fuge or a pod pile are, however, helpful with a scooter blenny. I have had mine for about 6 months now and he is fat and happy. Most will eat prepared foods (mine will eat pellets, bloodworms, mysis, brine, etc...just about anything but flakes). They do eat slow, however, so target feeding is very beneficial. Live sand is also not needed for a scooter. Mine buries down in my cc substrate when he sleeps, but not at any other time. They spend most of their time scooting (hence the name) around looking for food on the bottom, over rocks, and up and down the sides of the tank.

Archived