Cultivated Reef

Overflow box witch to choose

JustinBC29

If i have a 46 gallon tank would i be able to use the PF 800 overflow box still rather than the PF 300.

Im talking about the eshopps brand by the way sorry bout that.

moneyman6891

It depends on how much flow you will need, your overflow needs to handle more than your pump can pump.

It depends on how much flow you will need, your overflow needs to handle more than your pump can pump.

I was thinking the Quite One pump 2200 581gph 9.8 ft max head with the PF800 witch says it will handel 700 gph. But i only plan on having like a ten gallon fuge would that be to much

stingythingy45

Go with the PF300.

I had the 800 on a 55 gallon pushing 12 ft from the basement with a Mak 4 and it almost took it all.You're not going to need the 800 with such a small sump and pump.There's quite a difference in size between the two of them.You're not going to want something that big in a 46 gallon..........trust me.

I have a QO2200 as my return pump and after loss from head pressure I doubt it's pushing 300gph. I think the PF300 would work just fine.

I have a QO2200 as my return pump and after loss from head pressure I doubt it's pushing 300gph. I think the PF300 would work just fine.

Do you recomend that pump for a return pump brand or size for my 46

Archived