Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

best protein skimmer for BC29?

itzclayyo

Hey everyone, i have a biocube 29 with no sump and i think its about time to get a protein skimmer. Now ive never owned a protein skimmer, so i think a HOB one would best fit me. Also, would i hang it on the back if its a closed top (stock lighting)? Please help me. Thanks.

Hey everyone, i have a biocube 29 with no sump and i think its about time to get a protein skimmer. Now ive never owned a protein skimmer, so i think a HOB one would best fit me. Also, would i hang it on the back if its a closed top (stock lighting)? Please help me. Thanks.

I have the sr3 by cpr its about 100 bucks, i found mine new on ebay. Its make just for the bc 29 and It works well lots of people use them . Also you could get the sapphire nanoskimmer thats made just for the bc 29. Iv also heard these work really well but its alittle more money around 175 i think. With these skimmers you will need to remove the bio balls and everything out of the middle chamber in the back of your cube to put them in.

HeyLookItsCaps

Wow, good one..... *rolleyes*

Sarcasm aside, I took everything out of the middle chamber, and put in my sapphire skimmer. Works like a champ.

Any of the b29 middle skimmers work great. Cpr, sapphire, tunze....all good choices

Wow, good one..... *rolleyes*

Sarcasm aside, I took everything out of the middle chamber, and put in my sapphire skimmer. Works like a champ.

Any of the b29 middle skimmers work great. Cpr, sapphire, tunze....all good choices

I have the sr3 by cpr its about 100 bucks, i found mine new on ebay. Its make just for the bc 29 and It works well lots of people use them . Also you could get the sapphire nanoskimmer thats made just for the bc 29. Iv also heard these work really well but its alittle more money around 175 i think. With these skimmers you will need to remove the bio balls and everything out of the middle chamber in the back of your cube to put them in.

i heard that one is awesome but i cant find it for any cheaper about 130$ online and 160 in the LFS :(

i have the CPR SR3 skimmer on my 29 cube,

it works perfectly and is easy to setup, it takes up the whole second chamber and then all you need to do is put foam right after the overflow (where the biocube carbon tray goes) to quiet the water noise down and then just keep your water level up higher, but i love the effeciency of this skimmer

Archived