Pod Your Reef

Quieting Maxi Jet Mod

scottyreef

I bought two sure flow 1600 maxi-jet upgrade kit for two maxi-jet 1200 power heads and my question is can you do anything about all the noise they make when there on and when switch on my wavemaker

thanks

scott

SeeDemTails

Be careful, on a wavemaker modded MJ's can spin both ways, reversing the propeller and possibly squirting water out of the tank.

I actually cut off the entire spout on my MJ 900, because it switched from one direction to the other and sends current out in opposing 45* angles.

Be careful, on a wavemaker modded MJ's can spin both ways, reversing the propeller and possibly squirting water out of the tank.

I actually cut off the entire spout on my MJ 900, because it switched from one direction to the other and sends current out in opposing 45* angles.

I didnt make the mod i bought it from Suregrip to mod the maxijet

SeeDemTails

I understand, I was just sayin what I made, I have used many of those around the shop I worked at.

The same type, would reverse if they power shut off and came back on at night. A couple times we came in to find them spinning backwards, pumping water towards the glass.

oh ok well i am not sure i am going to keep them in right know they are a bit big so now i have 4 moded maxijets that are in limbo. i think i am going to buy the 12v ydor wavemaker with the koralias nanos

yeah i know its either that or a bigger tank i was also looking at getting Ecotech Marine VorTech Propeller MP20 Pump it hasnt came out yet but it is smaller and i can get a wave control module it retails for $299 with the wae controller a $99 i am not sure what i am going to do yey but i want to get a small wavemaker system

they make it and its $391 at marine depot but i would want to get the quad system that hasnt came out yet

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~Sea...es~vendor~.html

I understand, I was just sayin what I made, I have used many of those around the shop I worked at.

The same type, would reverse if they power shut off and came back on at night. A couple times we came in to find them spinning backwards, pumping water towards the glass.

they have a stop built into the shroud so they dont flow backwards.

I dont think there is much you can do about the noise. Mine is terrible on start up but I dont use it on a wave maker so its no big deal.

Archived