Coral Vue Hydros

Two Part or Seperate?

jc16

well now that my tank is more stable i now need to look into supplements and additives for my tank because i already have sps and a clam so maintaining my alk and calcium is a good idea rite? so is a two part additive like b-ionic enough for all my params including mg and trace elements? or is it better if i dose everything separately? and please suggest a brand! also what kinda of trace elements do i need to dose?(using tropic marine pro reef salt)

well now that my tank is more stable i now need to look into supplements and additives for my tank because i already have sps and a clam so maintaining my alk and calcium is a good idea rite? so is a two part additive like b-ionic enough for all my params including mg and trace elements? or is it better if i dose everything separately? and please suggest a brand! also what kinda of trace elements do i need to dose?(using tropic marine pro reef salt)

Ca, Alk, and Mg all work together and need to be dosed individually, and not necessarily in the same ammounts. I suggest doing some homework on the subject before getting any more clams / sps. Trust me on that one, I had to learn the hard way.

Don't worry about trace elements so much. If you want you can dose Salifert's Trace Hard or Trace Soft depending on how stocked your tank is. For a moderately stocked tank water changes will keep up with trace elements.

How big is your tank? I use the materials from bulkreefsupply.com for my tank. HUGE cost savings to be had if you do it right. Then you can use the calculator from www.2partcalculator.com to tell you how much to dose.

You'll definitely need to dose everything seperately. You can not mix Ca and Alk supplements or it will precipitate. Check out the chemistry forum over at ReefCentral and read all the Chem articles by Randy Holmes-Farley. INVALUABLE information and an EXCELLENT resource!

Archived