Innovative Marine Aquariums

AGARG 210G AGA upgrade

brshriver

Slowest tank build ever?

I ordered most of the plumbing that I need to hook up everything and it should come this week. I also starting drilling the rock and making pillars. I'll use mostly dried rock and the "trusted" live rock from the 46 bow.

A contractor that I have used before helped me realize that I can remove one or two pieces of siding from the house, pop off the underlying board and slide the support joists in from the outside. Should be half a days work so we are going to tackle that the firs warm day.

Still hoping to be adding water around XMas :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you did say it would be a slow build. :P

Good to hear there is still a chance you will be able to keep the tank where you would really like to.

Sounds like quite a project though. Good luck with it and I hope all goes well.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, you did say it would be a slow build. :P

Good to hear there is still a chance you will be able to keep the tank where you would really like to.

Sounds like quite a project though. Good luck with it and I hope all goes well.

Thanks NRF! I'll get there. Just not very fast :)

My lights FINALLY came. Aquacave had been telling me that they were shipping this week for 1 month!!

IMG_9399.jpg

IMG_9400.jpg

IMG_9404.jpg

..and then the battery died on my camera. Sigh...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I got the LBs wired to my old ballast - two of them at least.

I also made one of the three rock towers. Here is a pic:

rocktower.jpg

I need to drill plug holes in it yet, but it turned out pretty good I think. The other two towers will be built out of rock from the 46 so they won't go in until I get water in the 210.

I still need to add some sand. Probably about a one inch.

It has been too cold to pop the vinyl off the outside of the house so that I can slide extra joists in under the tank, so water will have to wait until a nice day. Otherwise, I am ready to start filling and cycling.

Omg, will this tank ever be finished? :P

:P Magic 8 ball says "cannot predict now"!

I am off to see what is going on in Lalani's lounge.

• 5 weeks later...

The only update is that I am getting very good at sitting on my sofa, staring at my tank with one rock pillar in it and imagining it full of fish and SPS ;)

I am also waiting for Richie to come to MD and trade some rock wall skilz for a cooler full of frags and a cooler full of beer :lol:

I believe he is waiting for warmer weather to tear up a wall and add a support joist.

Correct. I need to remove two pieces of siding and what's underneath so that I can slide joists in place under my LR floor from the outside of the house. I could not get them in place from the inside.

• 1 month later...
Needreefunds
I am also waiting for Richie to come to MD and trade some rock wall skilz for a cooler full of frags and a cooler full of beer :lol:

:o Whoa!!

I didn't see this until just now!! :angry:

SOOOO tempting..... :P

Getting closer to some ( de ) construction Brett?

:o Whoa!!

I didn't see this until just now!! :angry:

SOOOO tempting..... :P

Getting closer to some ( de ) construction Brett?

:lol: Come on down :)

Progress has been slow. Too busy cracking sumps open on the 110G system and putting the shop vac through the paces to clean it up :o

I need to call the contractor today to schedule the (de) construction. It is finally warm enough. Once the joist are in place, I can start cycling the main tank while I work on the remaining sump hookups and hood mods for the lumenbrights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much going on. I have been struggling to get the time to maintain the 110G prop system this spring, so this project is on hold. I coach baseball and May also brings a lot of year end events for the kids, so getting time on a reef is very challenging every spring.

In regards to the 110, specifically, I have had some issues with the kalk stirrer going through impellers in its pump like crazy (the spacers in maxjet impellers does not stand up to a PH of 12.0 apparently - they go bad in about 2 months), calcification blocking return lines and clogging pumps and keeping my CA reactor running. All of which has yielded a lot of lessons learned that I need to incorporate into the 210 if/when I decide to move it forward again. I have had to manually dose the 110G at times, which poses its own challenges on a system with CA and ALK demands that high.

Hopefully in the summer, I can get the 110 fully automated again and finish the build out on the 210.

fingerscrossed

Thanks Lalani!

How are your tnaks doing? I have not been following my NR threads lately. Last I saw you had a pretty sweet 40 breeder ramping up (I think)?

My tanks are doing fine. The 40br had a couple of problems, but I think the kinks have been worked out.

Hope you'll be able to find the time to work on yours. :)

My tanks are doing fine. The 40br had a couple of problems, but I think the kinks have been worked out.

Hope you'll be able to find the time to work on yours. :)

I'll have to check out your thread sometime today.

Yes, kinky reef tanks are bad and need to be fixed :o

• 3 months later...

Archived