Innovative Marine Aquariums

Best,Easy,Ready to use RO/DI System

ddk997

Hey everyone, recently I ran into some nitrate problems, they are a little high still after many water changes, to find out really, it was the water I was using -_- . Although all my invertbrates probaly survived it for almost 6 months :mellow: and recently added a firefish goby, currently doing fine on day 6. I know theres many threads about RO/DI systems, but I've ran into alot that were pretty expensive and mostly for larger tanks :lol::huh:

I am running a 12g Nano.

I want to know whats the best thing out there for under $150 bucks, thats ready to use and easy right out of the box.

THANKS, Please help....hopefully I'll be able to make a purchase tomorrow and make a change with hopefully 0 nitrates...I feel :mellow: after finding out that it was my water, and exspecially my pom-pom(tends to hide all day) and peppermint(tho never showed any weakness, very social) living in there with high nitrates...need a RO/DI system ASAP!

I bought my R/O unit from e-bay. I got it for like 90 bucks. Believe it or not, Ive had it for about 5yrs. only replaced the membrane once and all the other filters twice. It still gives me great quality h20. I have a 24 gal nano so I dont use it too much. About 7-10 gal per week. The unit i bought was ready to use. No nonsense. I am a bargain shopper so I always look for good deals. Hope this helps.

moneyman6891

I second the Mighty Mite, I have one and it is just plug and play. Great little unit, had it for 4 months and so far its made great water.

SaltWaterNewb

Awesome. It gets great reviews from everyone here so I don't think you can go wrong. I am going to be buying a new system in the near future and that is the one I am spending my money on.

I make all of my top off water and water for water changes with 0 TDS from 450 TDS tapwater with it. Not to mention it is so small and can be packed away in the cabinet and installed ready to use in 1 minute.

Best purchase i've made next to the JBJ ATO.

I just made the purchase! I cant wait for it now.

Is there any pre-run I have to do before using it?(letting the first 10 mins of water to drain, etc.)

Archived