SaltCritters.com

Pics with my used new lights

TiGs

I bought a used MH/PC combo hood. 150W DE 20,000k + 32W PC actinic.

With the lights so low my water temp rises a lot and my IceProbe chiller struggles to keep the water cooled, but it does. I would love to hang my lights pendant style but I don't have the option of drilling into my ceiling.

Here are some pics.

Sweet setup! I have the same type of hood over my 20, however it houses two 150w 20k's and one 65w pc.

I am working on welding something up to screw to my stand that comes over top of the tank to hang it in a pendant style, so I dont have to drill my ceiling. I was going to make it go under the tank so there would be now screwing at all, however I am not picking this 20 up to put it underneith hehe.

It would be kinda of heavy to pic up a 20 gallon.

I was thinking about making a wood or an acrylic stand to hang the lights from. Too much work or it would cost a lot to have them make it out of acrylic.

wow that things COOL!!! i got a 12gal flat back hex too like how you did those little stands...are they mounted?? doesnt matter like it anyway.

I bought those stands at Tap Plastics for $5 each and they are not mounted to anything.

I find using legstands built for aquarium lights don't work that well at all with the flat back hex tanks.

Archived