ReefCleaners.org

MarineLand 20gal??Tanks.

leslr

Hi FinSeekers.

I was at one of my local LFS yesterday and they had a MarineLand "20" gal Glass complete kit on sale. It came complete with the pat bio wheel/heater etc. The problem is I searched and have been unable to find anything anywhere at the website about the 20 gal. Does anyone know if its a new line or a old discontinued line of product.? Anyone used one yet?

Comments?

leslr.

If you want to have a nano with corals, I would suggest purchasing everything separately. The marineland hood does not have sufficient lighting.....nor should you use a biowheel with a nano. if you decide to keep corals, you will find that you will want to slowly upgrade hardware as you gain experience. I think it is better to buy all your nano hardware separately. i have a 10gal with a penguin bio-mini filter, powersweep powerhead, ebo jager heater, and a DIY lighting hood feat. a CSL 32w pc smartlamp. That is all the hardware i have needed so far....and having separate elements has made made my tank very easy to service and clean.

My first hood was a Marineland2 twinlamp and i liked the clean look for my fish only tank . for a nano though, i think you will find yourself outgrowing this complete kit fairly quickly.

if this is an eclipse hood disregard everything said below...

there are marineland kits that are not the eclipse hood. if this is one of those kits with the cheap flourescent hoods find out the price of what it would cost to buy everything seperate without the plastic hood and that will determine if it is a good deal or not. the heater filter and all can be used and then you can either make a diy hood with reetro lighting or buy one premade. i agree the lighting will not be sufficient and you will need to up that.

Archived