Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

R/O trouble

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

ok so i drove to my dads house cuz he said he had an old R/O system he never used.

so we attempted to build it.

needless to say, i didnt know wtf i was doing, and this thing is supposed to connect to a sink.

i just wanna make my own water.... :*(

heres a bunch of pics if anyone can decipher ill give a free frag of xenia (you pay shipping) lol

IMG_0848.jpg

attachment i built from the hose on the left, some check valve (dunno what this is) in the middle, and the sink attachment on the right

IMG_0849.jpg

all the parts.

IMG_0850.jpg

reservoir tank?, and the membrane.

IMG_0851.jpg

the 2 canisters, (dunno what for)

IMG_0852.jpg

the fitting where i assume the good water comes from after going thru the canisters.

IMG_0853.jpg

opposite side, maybe inlet?

IMG_0854.jpg

backside with 2 inlets/outlets?

IMG_0855.jpg

upper is good water bottom is bad water im pretty sure

IMG_0856.jpg

membrane inlet?

IMG_0857.jpg

whole unit

IMG_0858.jpg

labeled tank?

IMG_0859.jpg

labeled in/out?

IMG_0860.jpg

the faucet piece

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

attachment to tank

IMG_0864.jpg

FR/OS

Could probably put it together if I was there. Just pop the $75 for the water general unit on ebay and junk that thing.

HeyLookItsCaps

i still have the directions, but its to hook it up to a sink, so i dunno what i should eliminate for fish tank use

i would eliminat the storage tank and the faucet. the filtered water line that use to go to the storage tank would now fill a empty bin for ro water. or u could add a di stage to the end of that line and have ro/di.

You may have to replace the membrane and filter material depending on how long they have sat. After you've run a few gallons check the TDS to tell for certain. Airwaterice will even test it for the cost of shipping some water to them if need be.

The reservoir tank and the little faucet can be craigslisted/ebayed if you don't plain on using the filter for drinking water imo. I prefer a more transportable water vessel myself, but I also run a higher chance of flooding because of it. (No auto off)

You'll know which output from the membrane is which once you get it going. I think you're right, but whichever one has faster flowing water should be your waste line.

The middle valve is an auto shutoff valve by the looks of it. It's very important if you are going to use the reservoir tank or a float valve to control the RO system. It kills water flow when the pressure gets high enough. The tank in your pictures is pressurised as it fills with water. The ASOV keeps it from building too much pressure and being a safety hazard. I'd plumb it in regardless BTW.

image922.gif

The red is high pressure lines before the membrane.

The two prefilters would be a 5 micron filter and either a 10 or a 1 micron filter. All three is ideal but all they really are for is to increase the membranes lifespan. You don't want to get too much smaller than a 1 micron either because they clog quickly.

The drain line could also be ran to your garden or your washing machine.

You can also add more filter chambers in line as well. In case you want to add a third prefilter or a DI chamer down the road.

install guide

EDIT: I expect my xenia in the mail by Monday morning :P

HeyLookItsCaps

ill cut you a frag if you pay shipping lol, its like weeds in my tank! thanks man i really appreciate it

Archived