ReefCleaners.org

Ph Question

dsnider

I have the Nutrafin PH High range test. It consistently indicates that my PH is above 8.3 the scale goes from 7.4 to 8.6. It seems I'm usually closer to 8.5 judging by the colors. Should I buy a low range test and scrap the High Range test? Any suggestions? Also, should I try to adjust the PH "chemically" or let it float down on it's own. After 2 months, it doesn't appear that it is ever going to move from 8.45 or 8.5.

A low-range kit won't go high enough.

Have you tested with something other than your kit? Another hobbyist's kit r one at an LFS?

A low-range kit won't go high enough.

Have you tested with something other than your kit? Another hobbyist's kit r one at an LFS?

I haven't. I'll probably run to the LFS this week to have it checked. I don't know anyone else with an aquarium to test with.

Those kits are JUNK. If you're gonna be keeping corals you need to AT LEAST kick down for a Salifert ph kit.

Ph test kits have a lot of noise.

What is your Alk? You alk level will help determine how much your Ph will fluctuate. If your Alk is in range Ph is simply a matter of how much Oxygen gas exchange you're getting in your tank.

Those kits are JUNK. If you're gonna be keeping corals you need to AT LEAST kick down for a Salifert ph kit.

Ph test kits have a lot of noise.

What is your Alk? You alk level will help determine how much your Ph will fluctuate. If your Alk is in range Ph is simply a matter of how much Oxygen gas exchange you're getting in your tank.

I recently started changing my kits over to the Salifert, I have the Nitrate and the Magnesium right now. Sooo, I guess I'll be switching the PH as well. My alk was low yesterday when I testked, dKH was 9.5 (3.39 meq/L). I added BIonic and am going to test again today.

Archived