Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calcium Level-High

Airborne

Tank has finished the cycle. It is 1 month old and I have completed a water change in fact two changes. The Calcium level is at 480-500. There are no corals and or fish. I am going to the sotre today to buy my first coral. I was told by my lfs not to worry as once the coral gets put in, the calcium will start to be used up and the level will drop.

Will I lose the coral in the process?

My Tank Calcium level about 700 , PH 8 , No2 0 and No3 12.5 .I want add some corals in my tank is it dangerous for corals or not and which type of corals is best for beginners .

Thanks

Tank has finished the cycle. It is 1 month old and I have completed a water change in fact two changes. The Calcium level is at 480-500. There are no corals and or fish. I am going to the sotre today to buy my first coral. I was told by my lfs not to worry as once the coral gets put in, the calcium will start to be used up and the level will drop.

Will I lose the coral in the process?

I don't think 480-500 is high...mine is around 620 with no ill affects...if you search this forum you will find plenty of info concerning this same subject...

What salt are you using? What SG do you mix your water to and how do you measure it? Many times these questions will give you the answers you need...

Archived