Coral Vue Hydros

Tunze 9002 bubbles

hollow

A question for all the tunze owners. Are bubbles inevitable with this skimmer? I've had two different tunze skimmers, have ran both at the indicated water level and they skim alot of junk from my water with no problem except that they always cause bubbles. I'm not dosing anything, water params are all normal. When I say bubbles its no were near the amount the RSM stock skimmer puts out but I can definitely notice the bubbles (i have ocd). They come out in regular intervals and as soon as I shut the skimmer off for a prolonged time they mostly disappear. As soon as i turn the skimmer back on they reappear within about 15-20 seconds. Only thing in the manual says check to make sure no circulation pumps are delivering directly onto the skimmer which there is not. I definitely think the tank looks better when the skimmer is in the off position but after seeing what it actually pulls out of the water I would be afraid to lose it. When I look at the display tanks at the LFS the water seems so crystal clear and there are no bubbles or junk visible at all. So whats the deal?

Would there be any problem with having the skimmer on a timer so it only runs at night? Read somewhere that this would affect PH levels.

I'm having the same issues with my RSM and I have the Tunze 9002 skimmer also. I haven't tried troubleshooting yet but I was going to start with the skimmer tomorrow. I have so many micro bubbles they are sticking to my rocks. I do not like the look of bubbles all over my tank!

Hopefully, others will chime in.

I have the tunze 9002 in the back of the NC24 and have no bubbles at all.

Check the hoses inside the skimmer and make sure they are connected with a tight fit. If you can, try to find the source of the bubbles as to a hose or the pump itself.

I have the tunze 9002 in the back of the NC24 and have no bubbles at all.

Check the hoses inside the skimmer and make sure they are connected with a tight fit. If you can, try to find the source of the bubbles as to a hose or the pump itself.

I've dissembled both multiple times and everything is tight etc.. When I place the skimmers in my front display and watch them tiny bubbles leak slowly from the bottom on both skimmers.

I use my tunze in a sump and the small piece of spunge between the sump chamber to the return chamber seems to eliminate all bubbles. Im not sure what kind of tank your running, If its an all in one, try putting a small sponge on the return intake of your pumps, it may help stop the bubbles. Nothing huge because you dont want it to be a nitrate trap, im talking 1 Inch, mabye 2.

Archived