inTank Media Baskets

Somethin CREEPY in my flowerpot

Catspa

there's something in my flowerpot.. its has long hair like protrosions, and every time a touch them they shoot down into a hole. definetly looks like some type of criter living in a dead socket - and recently by flowerpot has not bean looking so good.

any ideas on what it is?

(read in Arnald voice)

never mind i terminated the little bastard, he was no match more me.  he was just some ugly crony little worm, but now he is nothin but a trophy pined to my wall. astalavesta little ugly worm.

First i stuck a syringe into the cocket and injected a little greenex into the bastard, then while he was realing from the blow he came out about 1/8" of the hole after about 10 min then i grabed him with a pair of needle nose tweazers (gfrineds) and pulled really hard.

looks like the little bastard (1" long) dug a hole over an inch into the coral.

nice job.

does your gf know about your use of her tweezers? my gf can't live w/o hers and i'd have to "forget" to tell her if i had to use them in the tank somehow.

ah, don't worry about the tweezers, I use mine in the tank all the time. Just wash them really well right away, don't let the salt stay on them, eventually they'll rust.

I do try to use dedicated aquarium equipment that's never touched soap as much as possible, and plastic too, but occasionally there's no alternative to the tweezers.

Tell the girlfriend a woman said it's ok for you to use her tweezers. Or buy your own (and then try explaining it...)

good luck!!

ya, i cleaned them realy good - she would have hit the ceiling if i had tolder her i used them.

By the way, may daisy seems to be improving daily now. So it looks like whatever that thing was, it was actually killing my flowerpot. (ie no more dead sockets every time i wake up)

• 2 weeks later...

I was in line the other day at K Mart...  $1.29  TWEEZERS.. I bought 4 sets. one for each of my customers with reefs and sisters or GF's.... its just sick....LOL I have done the same with her Loufah sponge to clean annoying algae...... Hmmmm Perhaps I better run to Bed Bath and Beyond too....... :roll:

(Edited by Dave ESPI at 1:21 am on April 25, 2002)

(Edited by Dave ESPI at 1:22 am on April 25, 2002)

Archived