Coral Vue Hydros

What the heck is this?!?

dillinger

I just got my order from seacrop.com and as some of you know you don't get to find out what you ordered w/ the Nano Pack 'til you get it. Well....I was wondering if anyone could tell what this one is? I realize the polyps have hardly extended, but any help would be great!

Thanks a milliion,

Adam

Really? Alright. Will the polyps extend farther than that? It looks as if polyps cover the whole top of this guy, so I'm assuming they will all extend out. Also, it's not attached to that rock, it's only sitting on it. Should I just move it to the substrate or leave him there?

Thanks for the quick response,

Adam

N/P if this is a new acquisition it will fully extend its polyps,sometimes it takes up to a week but it will.If its locatted in a low flow spot it should attach mine always did.If your worried it wil get knocked around by a hermit or sumthin try putting a small rock to shield it for a few days,like a baracade!

I've got him in a low flow spot now, but I've got some adventurous hermits, so I may end up creating that barricade.

Thanks, I appreciate the help,

Adam

i'm not sure but a shot of penicillin should clear it up.

:P

i agree, it's probably suffering from 'new kid on the reef' syndrome, a couple of days to a week and it should sprout out nicely.

Got more pics of what you got from SeaCrop? Hearing good things about them, and will be placing an order soon.

Just wanted to see what else you recieved.

Winter

Winter,

I'm at work right now and going to the movies afterwards so I won't be able to get pictures tonite w/ the lights on but I will get them sometime this weekend.

It looks like it might end up being this guy: http://www.garf.org/sarc2000/sarc1.html. Just plain from the look of where the polyps look like they're coming out.

Adam

As the person who pulled and packed that piece for Adam, I can confirm it is a Sarcophyton- aka Toadstool Leather. And the polyps will open up much longer than that eventually. This frag was a piece we saved from a much larger toadstool that had severe shipping damage. We had actually attached it to a rock 3-4 weeks ago and I thought it was on good- guess it was a little looser than I thought since it fell off during shipping.

Mary you are just a JEWEL I LOVE the way you keep up with us on the message boards! For this alone I plan to order as soon as my new lights get here!

Diana

• 3 weeks later...

Archived