Coral Vue Hydros

Water Chemistry

appsgang43

appsgang43

Can someone please tell me what the correct readings should be for PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and alkalinity. Also on my Nitrate chart it has low value on one side and high on the other. Why the difference?

Can someone please tell me what the correct readings should be for PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and alkalinity. Also on my Nitrate chart it has low value on one side and high on the other. Why the difference?

Sure,

Check out the articles on this site, particularly "Natural Filtration" and "The Nitrogen Cycle: A Nano Reefer's Perspective." Water chemistry will be covered in the appropriate context.

HTH,

hank

lakshwadeep

The high and low value nitrate charts are because no one cares if nitrates are 55 or 50 since both are toxic, but people do care about knowing if they have 5 or 10 when they're keeping corals and other delicate livestock. Also, fish can survive in nitrates reaching 30-40, while corals are seriously stressed at levels above 15-20.

appsgang43
The high and low value nitrate charts are because no one cares if nitrates are 55 or 50 since both are toxic, but people do care about knowing if they have 5 or 10 when they're keeping corals and other delicate livestock. Also, fish can survive in nitrates reaching 30-40, while corals are seriously stressed at levels above 15-20.

Thanks for the info, one of my corals definately looks stressed.

Archived