Top Shelf Aquatics

Waste Water from RO/DI unit

jc16

hi all! well i just purchased a spectrapure 90gpd unity and notice it is producing quite alot of waste water and hate to see all that water go to waste!! do you guys think it's safe for me to use the waste water for my freshwater arowana tank? what is in it? technically it should be just the same as tap water correct?

SeeDemTails

I wouldnt use it...........I would guess it may have a little higher than normal concentrations of the stuff you dont want in your water.

Arowanas are hardy fish, but they live in pristine water in the amazon, I would use the RO for the arowana too, it deserves it!

I wouldnt use it...........I would guess it may have a little higher than normal concentrations of the stuff you dont want in your water.

Arowanas are hardy fish, but they live in pristine water in the amazon, I would use the RO for the arowana too, it deserves it!

+1....don't use that stuff...have you checked the output with a TDS meter??? Nasty....use it to water your plants...lawn...etc...

The Propagator

Waste water is a brine solution. I wouldn't even put it back into the hot water line for reuse if it were me.

I would just run it down the old drain pipe, or water your garden with it. I wouldn't use it on delicate house plants though. Its pretty laden with nasties they might o appreciate to much. The earth will take care of that problem though if you water your garden with it.

Tanque Verde

I posted a similar question a few weeks back and got lots of good replies; the one I liked best==haven't tried it yet==was to run the waste line into your washer and do your laundry with it. If you dig up that thread, you might find other good ideas..

Archived